Whether you are in a new living space or have noticed a possible problem in the sanitary installation, you can do some simple checks to determine the state of your plumbing installation.
If you think there is a problem with your plumbing system, such as leakage or damage to the pipes, you can use a few simple tests before calling plumber. Through these simple methods, you can discover the cause of the problem and prevent more serious failures.
Check for water leaks - check for cracks or pipes leaks, either with a dry cloth over the pipes or directly by hand.
- Check water pressure - turn off the water supply and then turn on the tap to drain the remaining water on the pipes. Then turn the water on again and release the faucet to the maximum to see if the high pressure reveals any cracks or leaks.
- Check the wall - when the pipes are in the wall and there is a problem, it will appear immediately in the form of moisture or stain. If you notice signs in certain portions of the wall, you will need to call an expert plumber who will know how to fix the problem without drilling the wall where it is not necessary.
- Check the fixing mode, stability and distance between the insulation of the pipes or the fixed points. If you notice that they are not installed correctly, in order to allow the free expansion of the pipes you will need to fix them correctly.
- Also, check that at the points of consumption, the water remains clear and there are no rust or oil deposits.
- Listen to the sounds produced by your installations - If you notice disturbing noises at the installation level, it means that you have to replace the parts or fittings with new ones.
- Check the valves - they must be kept fixed and there should be no leaks or incorrect closure.
- Disinfect the pipes by supplying water mixed with chlorine for 24 hours. Then drain the system and wash with a stream of clean water for 2 hours.
- Replace cracked pipes - when you checked the pipe and discovered a crack, it will need to be changed. Make sure the water supply is switched off and replace the pipe with a new one.
- Treat your water supply - You can use chemical water treatment, electrodynamic treatment, electrostatic treatment or magnetic water treatment.
- When you find that there is a bigger problem that needs attention, stop thinking and call an emergency plumber. You don't want the malfunction to get worse end up with more repair work.
Just as you monitor the electrical installation, the plumbing system should be checked from time to time for a comfortable living.
Don’t wait out for a plumbing emergency that requires attention today.
24/7 Emergency Plumbing Services Calgary. Call us today, for fast, efficient service: (587) 707-0606