A running toilet might not seem like a big deal, but if you let it go, it can cause severe problems in your home. In some cases, you might need to call emergency plumbing services. It is why if you have a running toilet, you should get it fixed ASAP!
Most Common Reasons Of Running Toilets According To Plumbers In Calgary
Here are a few common reasons why your toilet could be running:
- The fill valve is broken and needs to be replaced or repaired
- The toilet flapper is not closing correctly. It could be down to natural wear and tear, or the plug inside has lost its seal. You will have to get it replaced.
- The water level inside your toilet tank is uneven. If the water is not filled up to the line or is over it, it can cause the water to overflow and make your toilet run.
- There could be issues with the toilet chain. Most commonly it could be unhooked and needs to be reattached. In some strange cases, the toilet chain could be too long or too short.
Long Term Problems If You Don’t Get DIY Or Plumbing Repairs
There is no question: if you have a running toilet, you should do everything you can to fix it immediately. Whether you do it yourself or hire a Calgary plumber, it is down to you. There are a lot of potential issues that can happen if you let your toilet constantly run, including:
- Astronomical water bills thanks to continually running water. Your water supplier thinks your using the bathroom, so will charge you for it.
- It can damage parts of your home if the water leaks out. If there is a crack or if it overflows, water can directly leak into your floor, destroying any tiles, carpet or hardwood floors that you have.
- It can also leak deep enough that it destroys the subfloor underneath. That will require a significant redevelopment if it happens.
Call A Plumber In Calgary
If you have tried to handle the running toilet yourself with no success, you have to call a plumbing company in Calgary immediately. The longer you let this go on, the more problems you will have down the line. Get a professional to look at it and make any repairs if necessary.
With over 14 years of experience, My Calgary plumber offers efficient, reliable, and affordable plumbing and drain services to homeowners that is 100% satisfaction guaranteed. We’re here for you 24/7. First-time clients will receive $70 off! Contact us today to request an appointment.